I also bake it and crumble it over top of a fruit compote. Warmed and drizzled with honey or agave is AMAZING! Dollop of non fat greek yogurt and you have dessert.
Makes 8 servings
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|2||tablespoons ice water|
- Mix oatmeal, flour, salt in a bowl
- Slowly drizzle in oil, mixing with fork. Continue lightly mixing with fork and cutting through mixture until all dry ingredients are moistened and mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add few drops of water at a time, until mixture begins to form a ball.
- Pat into a 9" pie plate (or roll between 2 sheets of wax paper)Remove top sheet and turn pastry and into a pie plate then remove second piece of wax paper. Form a rim and flute edges.
- Prick pastry with fork in several places. Bake at 200C for 10 mins until light golden brown.
Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/oatmeal-pie-crust-recipe-r42374#ixzz140ENsUAG